Friday, December 19, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Calzone

This is a great way to use up leftover chicken (I suspect turkey would work too but haven't tried it). I actually used chicken that I had initially cooked using the Crockpot Chicken Tacos recipe posted on our site as another way to present this planned-over chicken in a new way. I followed the following recipe that I found on foodnetwork.com. My family liked it and it was super easy! Just enough for 4 with no leftovers.....served it with carrot and celery sticks. -Claire

for calzone:
cooking spray
2 cooked chicken breast halves, diced (or shredded), about 2 cups
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 pound fresh or frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed according to package directions (I used Trader Joe's)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Serve with Blue Cheese and/or Ranch dressing

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Better yet, use a properly sized Baking Stone, no need to use cooking spray and you'll get better results. Sue me, I still have Pampered Chef in my blood!
Roll dough out to a 12" circle. Spread chicken mixture over half of circle, t o within 1" of the edge. Fold over untopped side so that it meets the other side, forming a half moon, Pinch the edges together to seal.
Transer calzone to baking stone and brush the top with olive oil. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan. Using a sharp knive, make a few slits in teh top to allow steam to escape during the cooking. Bake 15 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Yummm!!!!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment