Friday, December 19, 2014

Chicken & Summer Squash Skillet


This recipe was featured in "Carolina Country", a magazine published by Central Electric Membership Corporation. Though I get my power from Progress Energy so do not get this magazine from CEMC, a friend of mine at church, Mrs. Lib Thomas, shares it with me every month. I tried this recipe for my family and it has been deemed a keeper. Enjoy!! - Karen

1 T. butter
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1/2 pound)
1 (10 oz.) tub Philadelphia Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme, divided
2 zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced
2 yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced
2 cups cooked orzo pasta
2 T. thinly sliced basil

Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm. Place 1/4 c. cooking creme in small microwaveable bowl; set aside. Add vegetables to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; stirring frequently. Stir in remaining cooking creme; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add orzo; cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon orzo mixture onto 4 plates; top with chicken. Microwave reserved cooking creme on high 15 to 20 seconds or until heated through. Spoon over chicken; top with basil. 

My brother in law, Gary, is an avid fan of squash, so I hope my sister Lois will prepare this dish for him soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment