Friday, December 19, 2014

Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes

I found this recipe in the "Pocket Pleasures" cookbook in the "Men in the Kitchen" section. It was submitted by Warren Paschal and it was delicious and nutritious! I made a few changes and will note them. It looked pretty impressive also, next time I'll take a picture. :-) -Claire

3 T. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
1 cup dry white wine (plus a glass for the cook! :-))
1/2 cup dry-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch strips
salt and pepper to taste
5 oz. fresh spinach (I used an entire 9 oz. bag)
freshly grated Parmesan cheese

(I also added some red pepper strips and sliced mushrooms that I had in the refrigerator, I definitely liked the addition, especially the mushrooms, might also add some red onions next time, would likely add when the garlic is added)

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken, and brown on each side for 2 minutes. Add the wine, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes. Top with the spinach (and mushrooms and peppers), cover and reduce the heat to medium; cook until the spinach is wilted but still bright green, and the chicken is no longer pink. Finishing touch: to give this even more zip, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.

(I served with warm crusty bread.)

No comments:

Post a Comment