Friday, December 19, 2014

Crockpot Potato Soup

This is a recipe my friend Sharon Nance gave to me, highly recommended! It was a success at my house over the weekend. My niece, Kali, says it's her "new favorite soup"!! :) -Lisa

1 (30 oz) bag frozen hash browns (or frozen potatoes in cubes or chunks!)
3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth (I used fat free)
1 (10.75 oz.)can cream of chicken soup (I used fat free)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened (I used lite)

In slow cooker, mix together all ingredients, except the cream cheese. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours (6 hrs for Russet Potatoes). Stir in cream cheese; cook 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.

Note: I also added a small clove of pressed garlic. I garnished each serving with shredded cheddar cheese.

Also, you may want to add another 1/2 bag of frozen potatoes of your choice, if you like thicker soup. Sharon uses two bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment