Friday, December 19, 2014

Meatballs

This recipe is from my sister in Christ, LouAnn Allred. It's her father, Bill Potts' recipe and she recently shared it with me after telling me how much her grandchildren enjoyed it recently while visiting with her. I doubled the recipe and served the meatballs with spaghetti sauce and noodles tonight, plan to serve them again with sauce and mozzarella cheese in meatball subs later this week and might even freeze some! -Claire

For every pound of ground beef, add:
1 egg
1 Tbsp parsley
1 tsp sweet basil
1 cup bread crumbs (I used crushed saltine crackers)
1/4 tsp garlic
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped

Mix everything together adding ground beef LAST. Mix thoroughly. Scoop meat into balls and roll lightly-do not press. Grease cast iron pan with oil and place meatballs in pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Claire's notes: I used a non greased Stoneware baking pan and it worked great. I also scooped the meatballs up using the large Pampered Chef scoop so they were all uniform in size. It took around 30 minutes for them to be done. Finely chopping the veggies is helpful so your family won't realize that you are sneaking in some healthiness!

Yield: 15 meatballs per pound when using the large PC scoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment