Monday, December 22, 2014

Sausage-Rice Casserole

My late father in law used to make fresh sausage every so often, and often got several pounds of it. Besides sharing the sausage with friends and relatives, I tried to incorporate some of it in my dishes. I've made this dish several times and it is delicious. I may make it for Christmas - who knows??? -Karen

One 6-ounce box Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice
1 pound ground sausage
2 small onions, chopped (more or less)
One 4-ounce can mushroom pieces
One can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 stick butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook rice according to directions on box. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until thoroughly done, about 4 to 5 minutes; drain. Combine all ingredients except butter and pour into casserole dish. Dot top with butter. Bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment