Monday, December 22, 2014

Touch Down Taco Dip


Here's another favorite recipe, requested by my niece Ali Walker. I often make this for an appetizer when we go to the beach together and there are never any leftovers! By the way, this is a Pampered Chef recipe! -Claire

1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened (I use 1/3 less fat)
1 cup sour cream (sometimes I use light)
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)-I use 2% sharp, sometimes a little more
½ cup pitted ripe olives, chopped (I don’t always use)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, snipped (I don’t always use)
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
¼ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread beans over bottom of Deep Dish Baker or Oval Stoneware Baker. Combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning, add garlic; mix well. Spread over beans. Top with cheese. Bake 15-18 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with additional ingredients. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment